Friday, August 21, 2009

An Awesome Book




So, I am reading the most awesome book ever right now--Sacred Parenting, by Gary Thomas-- if you have children you need to read this book-- Thank you so much , my friend, Danelle for "loaning" me this wonderful book!




In case you don't know, every morning while I blow dry my hair I read-- for the past 7 months it has been the Bible-- I'm only as far as Deuteronomy, but at a page or two a day that is pretty good :)-- anyway I have recently detoured from this ritual to read Gary's book and have been so amazed at what a difference this book has made in my own life I want to encourage everyone to read it.




This morning I finished the chapter on "burning love" which gave some amazing spiritual application to dealing with anger when it comes to raising children and in every day life . I now have some pretty powerful "tools" to use when I need to count to 10! I realized that anger is not a sin-- depending on how you use it and apply it-- So watch out next time I'm feeling angry-- it might just benefit me in my spiritual journey!



I can't wait to blow dry my hair tomorrow to see what morsels of wisdom Gary has next :)!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Marsha,
    I missed that you had your own blog, or I would have been reading it sooner :).
    I just had to say that you are a girl after my own heart, reading while you blow-dry your hair. I mean, us mothers only get so much free time, right? Got to maximize those minutes!

    ReplyDelete