Friday, September 11, 2009

Reflecting. . .




My little Amelia turned 4 this week, where has the time gone? I look at her and think "I am going to blink and you will be off to college" and then I get really sad! It's so bittersweet that God gives us precious gifts called children to raise as we wish or how we see fit and then send them off hoping & praying that we have given them every piece of wisdom imaginable to be productive, loving, empathetic, cautious, caring adults. I know that day will come, but as for right now. . I don't want to think about it!

Each year on the girls birthdays I tell them the "story" of the day they were born, it's amazing what they remember from the year before. . as I was telling Amelia the story this year she looked at me and said "mommy, you forgot the part about the slime" Silly me. . how could I forget about the "slime"-- apparently last year the story was more "graphic" :)

Happy Birthday, my little Amelia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment