Thursday, December 3, 2009

Abigayle in the front seat











So, I don't think I'm violating any laws here as I've let my oldest daughter Abigayle ride to school in the front seat of my car the past week. The airbag turns off if the seat doesn't register enough weight and the seat belt adjusts to her height so with all the safety issues covered here goes~








It is has been an amazingly insightful week for me as I've enjoyed a co-pilot every morning. I think Abigayle has felt almost on par with me as she has sat cross legged sipping her morning "milk" and listening to NPR-- which eventually turned into a request for Hannah Montana.








I was informed on the first day that Miley doesn't really want to be Hannah any more because she's getting older now and Hannah is kind of for little kids.




The second day I was informed that certain toys are for babies and she doesn't really need to play with those anymore (She killed me with that one)-- I responded with "You know Abigayle, Mommy played with dolls and my little ponies and strawberry shortcakes until she was in 6th grade"-- a moment of silence-- "YOU DID????!!!!"




The third day I watched her rock out and when I say rock out, I mean ROCK OUT to Hannah Montana-- hair wiping around, window down, music blaring-- and I just smiled and enjoyed :)








Today I heard about hurt feelings and misunderstanding and I had to explain "life" in a soft mommy sort of way-- which was taken very well. . .








Thank you Abigayle for such an interesting week, I will treasure it forever :)

1 comment:

  1. I was reluctantly, very reluctantly, packing away Barbies when I turned thirteen...

    ReplyDelete