Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Farewell 2009




2009. . . what another exciting year to say goodbye to, only to revisit in memory~




The year started with the girls and I being in Florida enjoying the warm weather, we went back two months later to re-visit that warm weather and that time to visit Disney with Derek and his family.




The year also saw Derek and I get married :)-- visit Las Vegas twice, once on our honeymoon and then again with two of my favorite peeps in the world, Me-Me and Mikey.




My babies turned 4 and 7 this year! Abigayle enjoyed her first root-canal compliments of candy and sugary drinks! Amelia was put on a lovely diet of Miralax for habitual constipation and has not had any problems since (trust me, this is a point worth noting as it was a big part of our year with a few emergency room visits).




We went fishing on a charter boat and caught LOTS of big fish, we raised a "capatatiller" from worm to beautiful Monarch, named her Teresa, and cried when we let her go (with the promise she'd come back in the spring to say "hello"), we added a beautiful new family member named Francine Von Fluffy Bottom who is a white Himalayan, I discovered my new love of Botox and Latisse, Derek and I were welcomed into an awesome small group, Amelia got her hair cut very short, the family went horseback riding, I went back to school and can not wait to be writing this next year and say I GRADUATED college!!!!!!




Our sewer pipes broke and we went two days with very frequent trips to Me-Me's and Mikeys --thanks guys, HOLLA!!! Amelia, at 4 years old weened herself of her nightly bubba and moved up to a sippy cup (hmmmmm. . . . .no comment!) We hosted our first family Christmas for the Ortiz side, Abigayle went to the WINGS program in the summer, I was asked to be on the school board and definetly accepted.




I was told this past year by my doctor that I am maternally mature and if I'm going to have more babies "get to it", Amelia moved up to a big-girl bed (that was a sad day), We enjoyed a summer with our new "blow-up" pool which helped Abigayle learn to swim underwater, and did I mention We got married???




What a great year! I'm sure I could write on and on but I won't, I'm just thankful for another year filled with wonderful memories and spending it with the most wonderful people on Earth and thanking God daily for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment