Saturday, August 11, 2012

The night life!

In my imaginary perfect life. . . . .I have three beautiful daughters  (this statement is true of my REAL life as well). In my imaginary perfect life  my three daughters all nestle in cozy at night, at a reasonable bed time, in their own beds. . . . in real life, all three fight bedtime as if it is an overgrown hairy monster trying to eat them alive.

* Image portrays actors, not my real family!- However, this is THE CASTLE!
When they finally do go to bed, it's never in their own rooms. Right now, as  we speak, I have a hot pink and purple vinyl princess castle set up in all its glory next to  my side of the bed. At the foot of the bed is a pack and play, stocked full of fuzzy  stuffed animals and soft snugly blankies- and right next to that is a "nest". A "nest" made of pillows and blankets hmm.. let's see. . . .what else did Abigayle find in the linen closet to add to this "nest"--oh,  a tablecloth, a beach towel, a pillow case and a cloth diaper.  This, folks, is my bedroom- you know the place where mom and dad are suppose to be able to find refuge from the everyday- hunker down at night,cuddle and fall off to blissful sleep with all the chitlins tucked away in their own beds. Not happening in my home!

 Every night as Amelia crawls into her "castle" she flips and flops, she rubs her little get away sticks together which all creates a very loud crinkling of vinyl- I seriously am thinking about having this child professionally checked for restless leg syndrome. Abigayle has her own peculiarities- she jabs her toes into Amelia's castle "on accident" for what seems to be hours- provoking Amelia to say "stop it sissy". . . . .2 minutes later- "stop it sissy". . .. . .  1 minute later-"stop it sissy". . .. . .and on and on.

Then the grunting starts. .. its a nervous condition, I'm sure- Abigayle  starts it  around 5 minutes after bedtime and continues until she falls asleep. . .this provokes me to say "enough with the unh unh Abigayle". . . 2 minutes later-"ENOUGH with the unh unh Abigayle!". . . . .and on and on.

This is all taking place while I'm patiently trying to nurse AnnaBella off to sleep. . . .who, has become quite adept at playing possum. Just as I slowly lower her into her pack and play at the foot of the bed she springs to life and starts bouncing around. . . "dadadadada. . . .. dadadadadada"- Sorry boo bear it's bedtime and then the crying-"WANNNNGGGG"

So, as you see, my imaginary perfect world is no where close to my real life- but I guess I am okay with that.

One day when I am old and grey and the kids have long left home- I know I will look back and think "It sure would be nice to have a hot pink and purple castle next to my bed right now with my little Amelia in it- or to hear Abigayle grunting away or have AnnaBella snuggled up in my bosom"- so for now, even though there are those days, I mean nights, when I feel like I am going insane I need to calm my mind and enjoy every second of it:)

Oh,  did I mention during this whole ordeal- SOMEONE is rolled over curled up and snoring away without a care in the world. . .hmmmmm I wonder who????

No comments:

Post a Comment