Monday, May 17, 2010

To Abigayle

My beautiful daughter. . . .  you came into my life eight  short years ago and have forever changed me and I thank God every day for you.

I can't believe you are eight.  Sometimes when your hair is pulled back in a ponytail and you are playing,  I'll catch a glimpse of you  from when you were two  or even three and it takes my breathe away--where has time gone?

Today I was lucky enough to be able to come to school and sit with you and your friends while you ate lunch together  and then go out to recess with you, and all the while I kept thinking that someday you won't want me around, you won't want to  hold my hand in front of your friends and it saddens me-- so I am going to enjoy it while I can.

I hope you had a happy birthday baby girl--  even though birthdays are happy days, thinking about you growing up is so sad to me and I hope you will always know that no matter where life takes you, mommy will always be here waiting and more in love with you each and every day!

Happy Birthday Abigayle !

No comments:

Post a Comment